GrafoDexia

This site is devoted to copyright and issues of 'intellectual property,' particularly the issue's analytical aspects. It also concerns itself with the gap between public perception and the true facts, and with the significant lag time between the coverage on more technical sites and the mainstream press. For site feed, see: http://grafodexia.blogspot.com/atom.xml To see the list of sites monitored to create this site, see: http://rpc.bloglines.com/blogroll?html=1&id=CopyrightJournal

Sunday, October 30, 2005

An open-source rival to Google's book project.
In other OA news for me: I'm meeting with these people soon to talk about self archive stuff. I also signed away my copyright again for another paper I'm publishing. Interestingly, the wording included a provision to retain copyright if you're a federal employee. Makes all the posturing around the NIH policy seem like just that--posturing. The situation reminds me of the perennial claims of the music industry that if copyright is not extended another 20 years retroactively there will be no more music.

--Ari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home